Monday, November 2, 2015

Cork: 11/2/2015

Answer to questions:
We get 2 hours to email every P-Day
If we email at the Internet Cafe it costs 2 Euros and the library costs 4 Euros. We get reimbursed for it so it doesn't matter where we go.
Elder Cook is awesome. He is such an awesome missionary/trainer. We get along so well.
The only kids we have in the branch that come every week are the Branch Presidents and District Presidents kids.
We had an interesting Halloween. Halloween was very crazy in the Cork City Centre  It was hard to really have discussions with people on the street because they were too busy getting ready for parties or going to the pub.  We went to a church party where they had a “trunk or treat” and a haunted house.  We had to go inside at 6 pm because of mission rules. We were allowed to go to a church member’s home named Paul during that time. He cooks some really good Nigerian Food. He says I look like a Military man.
On Sunday, I was able to confer the Aaronic Priesthood on a recent convert named Brandon. Brandon is originally from Oklahoma City and his mom is from Texas. Brandon is 18 and he and his mom moved here to get a better life.  It was an amazing experience for me.  He reminds me a lot of Dallin because he loves Kevin Durant/OKC Thunder and shoes.
The Rain here is random and its on and off a lot. Instead of buying Under Armor, I’ve been wearing my Adidas Sweat Pants under my pants. They actually work out pretty well.
I got a haircut today. I went to a Turkish Barber and they did really good. I'll send a picture of that as well.
I bought a MP3 player to listen to music. One of the missionary who used to be in cork left a speaker behind so I’m going to use that.
I also got my Irish Visa today. It was a long and hard process but it’s finally over.
Our investigators are progressing but they struggle to come to church.  I'm so grateful for the chance to share the Gospel with the people of Ireland.
I'm glad everything is going good back home. As the Irish would say, “I Miss Ye Aw”.
Thanks for the email and pictures!




                                                                       Brandon and I


No comments:

Post a Comment