Monday, November 23, 2015

Cork 11/23/2016

Family,

It’s been a wonderful week with some ups and downs.

We had a record of dinner appointments this week which was 3. We usually don't get that many but it was amazing to go and visit with the church members!

My companion is good and he speaks English well.

It’s getting colder so I have to dress warmer! I bought a winter hat. I also bought an inexpensive backpack because all the other missionaries have them and it supports my back better. I use it when I am out.

Elder Cook traded me his Ukulele before he left so I’ve been learning some church songs on it. I can play “Come Thou Fount” on it!

Sister Kagari and another member named Britney (Both from America) are having an American Thanksgiving dinner on the 5th that we are going too!

On Saturday we had an All-Ireland Conference in Dublin. We were blessed to hear from Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was amazing to shake his hand and hear him speak! When I shook his hand I knew that he was truly an Apostle of the Lord. I felt the spirit strongly as he instructed us!

Our Mission President talked about the importance of “Ponderizing” (pondering or thinking about scriptures) and that when we do that we have no room for bad thoughts to come into our mind only good!

I gave my talk on the how the Atonement blesses my life yesterday. I’ll have to send it to you in the coming weeks! I wasn't nervous and I gave it all by memory with the help the Holy Ghost. Everyone said they liked it so that made me happy!

I’m glad everything back home is going well!

Ireland is amazing and it is awesome to serve here in Cork, Ireland!

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy







                                                                     Cork At Night

No comments:

Post a Comment