Monday, August 29, 2016

Dumbarton 8/29/16

This week has been kind of difficult but the Work moves on!

Tuesday we went to Glasgow for our District meeting! We talked about being anxiously engaged in the Work of the Lord! We must do all we can to help the Lord in this work!

Tuesday night we saw David. We taught the Word of Wisdom and Follow the Prophets. I am grateful that he was able to see why we are given the Word of Wisdom and why we need to follow the prophet!

Wednesday morning is where the week was difficult. David called us and told us that he doesn't want to meet with us anymore. Please keep him in your prayers. I hope that in the future he will like to meet with Missionaries again!

Wednesday night, we went to the Gallacher's house for dinner! I always enjoy going to the Gallacher's for dinner because It always makes me happier and they are so kind and welcoming! Afterwards we went to go see a family with Brother Gallacher. We saw a woman in the Ward, Esther and her foster child, Briny. We talked about knowing who we are, Children of our Heavenly Father! We were also able to give Briny a blessing. I am grateful for her faith and taking a step to ask for a blessing. I know with her faith she will be helped with whatever she needs.

The rest of the week was spent in finding. We know that we can find the prepared as long as we are anxiously engaged!

The church service on Sunday was great. Brother Gallacher spoke on being Spiritually strong. He told us that we need to be prepare for anything that comes our way! Our priesthood lesson was great as well. We read the talk, See yourself in the temple by Elder Cook! We also talked about the promise that Spencer W. Kimball gave to the Saints of Scotland, that someday there will be a temple. I look forward to that day and I know that promise from a prophet will come true. I am truly blessed to serve here in Scotland.

That was our week! I look forward to this week. We have our Glasgow Zone Conference. I look forward to the instruction we will receive there!

I hope you all have a great week

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment