Monday, August 15, 2016

Dumbarton 8/8/2017

Hello Family!

This week was kinda slow, we didn't get to teach anyone but there were some great events during the week. My birthday was great as well!

Here are this weeks highlights:

On our P-Day we went to a kilt shop to check out the tartans. Its the Scottish tradition for the male to get the tartan that is on your moms side. So when I get my kilt it will be one of the Hamilton tartans. I also ordered two tartan ties from the Mission Office, The Morison Red Tartan and the Hamilton Tartan! 

After our P-Day I saw Frazer McKechnie who is a member in our ward and is a podiatrist. My tendons on my left foot have been wore out so it hurts to walk on. He helped figure out the problem. On Wednesday he got me arch insoles to help keep my feet at a arch.

On Thursday we had our All Scotland Conference in Edinburgh. We woke up at 4:45 and a caught a train to Edinburgh at 6. It was a great conference. Elder Herbertson of the Seventy presided. He spoke about being positive  in missionary work. He talked a lot about his mission to Atlanta Georgia. I also got to see Elder Vasvary which was great! He goes home at the end of this transfer! I also was able to see and talk Elder Van Staden!

I got my birthday package and book at the meeting!

My birthday on Saturday was great! I loved all the gifts and cards! We had a great day of finding. The day before we made Texas Sheet cake which we enjoyed in the evening!

Sunday was great. In priesthood the High priest group leader, Brother Couper, led a lesson on missionary work. He had everyone share their family mission plans! We got to speak how missionary and members need to work together to bring souls unto Christ!

We had dinner at the Coupers, Sunday evening and we were able to talk about sharing the gospel with our friends!

Sorry that this weeks email is shorter but I got some great pictures to make up for it!

I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment