Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Cork 1/25/16

Hello Family,
Another week has gone by so fast!

Monday:
We taught Lucas, our investigator, about scripture study because he struggles with it. I told him that even sacrificing a little bit of time for scripture study will bless him and he will feel the spirit as he reads them. I shared when I start reading, the spirit allows me to read without distraction.
Tuesday:
It was a hard day for me. I continue to struggle with illness but I continue to push on harder. I wasn't able to go out because I was told to stay in so I worked on our Area book and some cleaning so I could at least get something done!

Wednesday:
I was still ill, but I did go out. I went on exchanges with Elder Van Staden and we did some really good finding.
Thursday:
We traveled to Limerick for our interviews and training/zone conference. We received some really good instruction from the zone leaders and assistants.
I had my interview with President Donaldson, I was looking forward to meeting with him. He gave me some great encouragement!
That night we all watched the Worldwide Broadcast from Salt Lake for all missionaries. It was really good. Elder Anderson, Elder Bednar and Elder Oaks talked as well as some others. They talked a lot about teaching by the Holy Ghost and teaching people not lessons!

Friday:
I had my Cardiologist appointment. He told me that I might be dealing with low blood pressure episodes so they are going to put me on some tests. They are doing a 72 hour heart monitor test, a stress tests and some others. Hopefully all of those will go well!
Saturday:
We did some service for Branch President Stapleton. We helped build his greenhouse back up. It was pouring really hard.  There was lots of mud but it was a great experience.
We taught Lucas that night. Brandon (the one from OKC) helped teach with us. He shared his testimony about reading scriptures. His testimony is really strong!
Sunday:
We had church. The lesson that stuck out the most was from Elder Quorum. We studied Elder Holland’s talk about mothers. I shared how my mom has been a great example of love, sacrifice and service to me!
We had a fireside that night about the life of Jesus Christ. I felt the spirit so strong as we heard testimonies on the Savior!
Elder Van Staden and I


No comments:

Post a Comment