Monday, February 22, 2016

Cork 2/22/2016


It’s been a long week,  but it was so awesome!
Monday:
We taught our newly found investigator, Mark. We taught him all the lessons so he would be prepared for baptism on Saturday. President Donaldson Ok'ed it,  so we planned his baptism for the upcoming Saturday (the 20th).
Tuesday:
We went to Limerick for exchanges with the Zone leaders after our district meeting.   I went with Elder Hansen and we taught 3 lessons. We taught 2 Brazilians and a French girl. It was great to learn from Elder Hansen. Our new zone leader is from Mexico so I always talk about my Mexican friends back home in Texas.
Wednesday:
We traveled back from Limerick.  And then spent the rest of the day talking to people on the streets.  Tiring but very productive!
Thursday:
We taught a man named Davis from Virginia. He has a strong belief in Jesus Christ. Hopefully we can meet him again to talk more about the gospel!  Later in the night we went Tracting. It wasn’t very productive and we got a lot doors slammed in our face. 
Friday:
We went on exchanges with the Tralee Elders. It was a lot of fun. That night we had 8 sleeping in our flat!  We had a branch activity that night. It was a scripture scavenger hunt. The Branch President gave us scriptures and we had to figure out the item and we had to go find it! It was fun!
Saturday:
The day of Marks baptism. I was excited for Mark because he has been waiting 2 years for this. I was picked to perform the baptism.   I was excited but quite nervous because it was my first time ever preforming a baptism.  We spent most of the day preparing for it because we had so little time.
When the time came to baptize Mark, I  got more nervous. But as I entered the water with Mark, the spirit helped calm my nerves.   I could really feel the spirit, as the words flowed from my mouth.    I was so grateful to help Mark towards this toward the Celestial Kingdom!
Sunday:
Mark was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He also received the Aaronic Priesthood.  After Sunday school, he left to pack for China.   Mark and his wife are leaving to teach English in China on Monday. I am so grateful that we were able to help Mark before he went back to China. I truly believe in miracles!
Monday:
We went to Blarney for a car inspection.   While we were out there,  we went to Blarney Castle. I was able to see the rest of the grounds that I wasn’t able to see last time. I got some really cool pictures!
It was such an exciting week. I was looking at my picture of all of us. I am so grateful for all of you and the prayers and support as I serve the Lord.
I  hope you have a great week.

Mark's Baptism




Elder Walters, Elder Van Staden and I playing on a tree we saw today at Blarney Castle



No comments:

Post a Comment