Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8th 2017 Cumbernauld, Scotland



      May 8th 2017 Cumbernauld, Scotland


Elder Fehoko and I enjoying some Haggis, Neeps (Turnips), and Tatties (potatoes) with some Irn Bru.

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful week!

We had another beautiful sunny week here in North Lanarkshire!

On Monday we went to the Stake center in Glasgow to have a Missionary barbecue and play some sports. Everyone brought their own meat. I got some cheap gammon steaks, so good!


(Don't worry I’m not that fat, I just had some paper towels in my jacket pockets)










On Tuesday we had District meeting. We talked about how power statements can be a help to us in stressed situation or in short lessons.

I went on exchanges to airdrie with Elder Carmichael. We did some finding and we had dinner at the Airdrie Ward Bishop’s house. We passed this stadium on the way back from the Bishop’s house. Turns out Elton John is playing there, cool… Elder Carmichael and I are really into the Pokemon Trading card game. We had a match with his decks. It was heated and close but he came out victorious.

Wednesday I was back in Cumbernauld. We did finding for most of the day. In the evening we had dinner at John Livingstone’s house. He made us some Haggis, Neeps and tatties! I’ve had haggis quite a lot in my time here in Scotland and I really like it . It was Elder Fehoko’s first time and he really liked it.




The rest of the week we focused on finding new investigators! It was the first full week where I could go out without a jacket on every day!

Sunday, I got up to bare my testimony on Families. I am really grateful that families can be eternal because my family means a lot to me!

I’m really grateful for the Love, Heavenly Father has for each one of us. He wants and is always there to help us. He is been a help to me in making my future a little more clear. I’m grateful that he has helped me in my Decision in going to Oklahoma when I get home to start my path to a Pharmacy Degree at the University of Oklahoma. It has helped me to focus on the months I have left on my mission!

This week we have the Scotland west conference in Edinburgh, Interviews in Glasgow on Wednesday and the Physicist on Thursday in Edinburgh. It's going to be a crazy busy week!

I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment