Monday, September 19, 2016

Dumbarton 9/19/2016

I can't believe I've been out a year!

This week we were not able to teach anyone but we found some great people that we will start teaching!

Here are the highlights of the week!

Tuesday we had district meeting! We talked a lot on bearing our testimony frequently. 

I also got my Hamilton tartan tie. Its a great tie!

We've been doing more tracting here because we have found more success doing that then street contacting. While we were tracting out in Helensburgh, we met a cool guy named Martin. He is a photographer which is cool since I love Photography as well. We are hopefully meeting him this Wednesday.

While shopping on monday, we found some dragon fruit. We decided to try some! Its so good!. It stinks that its £2 for this small little fruit. 

At ASDA (Our grocery store, actually owned by Walmart) during the evening they have to get rid of the baked goods before they "go bad". They sell everything for 10 pence which is equal to 13 cents in the U.S.A. I got a nice big Cherry pie and Apple tarts for a grand total of 20 pence. That is how we celebrated my one year mark!

On the Family history side of things, I found out some cool things! So James Hamilton was baptized in Greenock Scotland. Helensburgh, where we do a lot of finding, is right across from Greenock! He also worked on the Glasgow rail which is cool, because I travel the rails of Glasgow a lot!


We had dinner at the Gallachers and Coupers this week! I love the members here!

That was basically the week!
This coming Sunday is our moves call! Whats going to happen?

Also next Monday our library is closed so hopefully I will able to email at the church or something! Just letting you know in case there is no email!

I hope you all have a great week

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy
51 Spylaw Road 
Edinburgh
EH10 5BP
Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment