Monday, September 12, 2016

Dumbarton 9/12/16


This week has been interesting,
Here's how it went:

So on Tuesday we went to Glasgow for our district meeting! All 3 districts in the Glasgow Zone met together! It was great. We talked a lot about the true teacher, The Holy Ghost! There was also a scripture that was shared about learning. It was in the 3 Nephi 17 2-3. It reads:

 2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.

3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again.
So a background to this scripture. Jesus Christ visits and teaches the people in the Americas. He is the master teacher. The amazing thing is, is that he knows them. He knows that they can't not understand everything so quickly. He directs them to go and ponder and ask the Father for understanding. I think that is great! Jesus Christ gives us a way to understand! We must follow his council and we shall receive the knowledge we need!

After our district/zone meeting! I was able to take a one year picture with Elder Davis! Its crazy that we have been in the same zone 3 times!

Afterwards is where the week started to be interesting. We were walking to our district leaders flat (because we were going on exchanges). I slipped on some steps and torn my suit trousers. How great! Good thing I have a spare suit! All I can say is that gave me a big head ache.

After that mess we headed in to the Glasgow city center. I got to ride on the Glasgow subway for the first time. It was really cool. I was a small map compared to New York but it was cool! It is the 3rd oldest Subway in the World!

It was a great day of finding! Elder Clay, one of my Zone Leaders, thinks I sound like Seth Rogan. He used my voice to stop people. Apparently a lot of Glaswegians (people of Glasgow) think I sound like Seth Rogan, very interesting!

Wednesday, we headed back to Dumbarton. We did some finding and visited the Gallacher's for dinner.

The next morning. I woke up with what we think was the Flu. This lasted for a couple of days. I don't like being stuck in sick ever since i was in the hospital back in February for a week!

Sunday, the sickness started to lift. I was glad I was able to go to church!

As you can see it was a very interesting week! Hopefully this week will go better! I can't believe I hit one year on Saturday!

I hope you have all have a great week!
 

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy
2/5 Crosslet Road
Dumbarton
G82 2ES 
Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment