Monday, February 6, 2017

Galashiels 2/6/17



February 6th 2017 Galashiels, Scotland

Hello Everyone!

This week has been very crazy. We had to do a lot of traveling.

On Monday, Elder Watson and I took the train up to Edinburgh. There, I met Elder Giles and we headed down to Galashiels.

Elder Giles is originally from the states but has been living in England for the past few years before his mission. He goes home in 2 months.

This week I’ve been studying the 15 step stop smoking program. Mark wants to stop smoking to be baptized. I pray that we can help him with his goal!

We had a All Scotland Missionary conference on Thursday. Elder Paul Johnson of the Seventy came to speak with us. He is in the Europe Area presidency. He talked about the role of the Holy Ghost in our teaching and conversion. 

So the push of the week was to help Mark. We hope to have a good week since there isn't that much travel going on.

Something I’ve been pondering this week is about gospel invitations. As missionaries our purpose is to INVITE others to come unto Christ. The Gospel is full of invitations because that is what Jesus Christ himself did. The invitations he gave were out of love. Only good comes from accepting his Invitations. His Invitations take a lot of commitment. They aren't always easy but It is to make us happy. He knows what is best for us. My study of this has enhanced my view on the importance of inviting.
I hope you all have a great week!

May the Force be with you,

Elder Joseph Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment