Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 14th 2017 Dumfries, Scotland



       March 14th 2017 Dumfries, Scotland


All of my stuff packed up!

Hello Everyone!

As you can see from my letter heading that I am in Dumfries. Saturday we got our moves call and I started my journey yesterday morning! My new companion is Elder Harvey. There is two other Elders in Dumfries so we live in a 4 Elder apartment! I’m excited to work here in Dumfries (it's pronounced  dum-freess)

For my last week in Galashiels we have been contacting some former investigators and less active members of the branch.


What Happens when people don’t pick up their dog’s poo… They get angry



We also found the 100 aker woods!

Its was really sad to leave Galashiels. I have grown to love the people here and the beauty!

Sunday we attended the Edinburgh Stake conference. It was my first stake conference on my mission. I loved it! The speakers gave awesome talks! I really enjoyed President Donaldson’s talk. He stated our purpose and that we are here to serve the people of Scotland! President Freed, The Stake president, gave a wonderful talk. He talked about an experience where he went to a refugee camp and saw the cruel live that people have there. Afterwards he said he and some colleagues went back to their 5 Star hotel. He felt ashamed because they were discussing how to help the refugees but at the same time they were in a really nice hotel. He urged us to get out of the 5 star hotels and serve!

I also got to see Elder Vasvary (or Mate Vasvary)  who was one of my companions in Sligo. He is attending the University of Stirling!

My last visit with Mark and Kate was very sad. I finally got a picture with them:


Well at stake conference I got to meet a lot of the members from Dumfries. They other missionaries say there is over 100 active members in the ward!

Well I look forward to my first week here in Dumfries

I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Joseph Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment